Sustainability in Action
Bruce Power: Net Zero by 2027
- Bruce Power will be the first nuclear operator in North America with such an ambitious commitment.
- This will solidify our leadership role in reducing and avoiding emissions in Ontario. Previously we’ve provided 70% of the electricity Ontario needed to shut down its coal plants (accomplished in 2014).
- We will leverage our strong foundation and contribute to Canada achieving Net Zero 2050 by optimizing our existing assets, partnering with Indigenous and non-Indigenous communities, exploring hydrogen and fusion technology, assisting public health in a post-pandemic world, isotopes, new nuclear, and electrification.
Partnerships and Reports
- Sustainability Report
- 2020 Bruce Power Energy Report.
- Nuclear Innovation Institute’s Clean Energy Frontier. Initiatives underway include the Hydrogen Unity Project, advancing research on next generation nuclear, exploring alternative fuels, and a 50-year Bruce Power site study. Initial project deliverables to be completed by end of Q3, 2021.
- 2020 Green Ribbon Panel Report: Clean Air, Climate Change and Practical, Innovative Solutions: Policy Enabled Competitive Advantages Tuned for Growth.
- Clean Air Ontario report with Asthma Canada.
- Clean Air Canada joint report with Asthma Canada.
- Celebrating the deployment of plug-in electric vehicles in Canada and Ontario with Plug’n Drive, Pollution Probe, and the University of Waterloo.